Friends if you have never tried baked feta you are missing out! Feta can be quite an acquired taste but once its baked it becomes a totally different cheese. Its soft and gooey and spreadable and just downright AMAZING! This recipe I found on pinterest takes me right back to the scents and tastes of the Mediterranean and I can not wait to open a bottle of Limoncello and get down on this appetizer!
I am going to make this amazing baked feta with olives rosemary and lemon as an appetizer for an upcoming family gathering and guys, I am seriously tempted to make it tonight too just for fun because my mouth is watering already!!! The fresh lemon with the savory olives and the little bit of kick from the red pepper and herbs topped off with some Burrough Family Farms olive oil CAN I GET A WITNESS!
Okay, Have I gotten your attention by now? Are you ready for the recipe?
P.S. If you ever make this please drop me a comment and let me know your thoughts and experience!
- one block of sheep’s milk feta (sold in the brine) about 10-14 ounces, give or take
- 1/2 cup good extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 large lemon
- 1 – 2 cups mixed olives
- 3 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- a few coarse grindings of black pepper
- Set oven to 350F
- Put the feta in a gratin dish or other small ovenproof dish that you will also serve out of.
- Pour the olive oil into the dish, followed by the lemon juice. Arrange the olives around the cheese, with the rosemary. I quarter the squeezed lemon half and throw that in as well. Sprinkle the red and black pepper over all.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbling. I loosely laid a sheet of foil over mine. You can finish under the broiler if you like for a little charring effect.
- Serve hot with toasted bread.